Monday, April 21, 2008

March for Babies

Two years ago I walked for the March of Dimes. They have since changed their name to March for Babies. I decided this year to walk again, but try and get my friends to walk with me so I made it an event for my playgroup. 5 other girls walked with me, and one girl even signed her hubby up, THANKS Michelle! And thanks again Owen for all the picture taking and stroller help!

Since Kasen was a preemie, I feel a special place in my heart for those poor families and children who have to deal with all that comes along with having a baby born too early.

The march for babies is a 5k. Not too bad. I felt like that walk was a lot shorter than 3.1 miles. Maybe that's just me, but I was busy taking care of kasen in the stroller and just chatting with friends so it went by fast for me.

Here are a few pic's from the walk.


Kasen before the walk.





We just walked right along the coast the whole time. It was so beautiful!


Pretty good for just randomly throwing my hand up and taking a picture without seeing.


Markers.


LDS Moms of North County Team. (one stroller is hidden behind the girls)

All us girls, Kasen snuck out of his stroller to get a peak at the hotties.


When the walk was over, we got back and a band was playing. Kasen has super sensitive ears and wasn't fond of the 12 year old singing.

After the walk.

THANK YOU to all those girls who walked with me for such an important cause. Thank you to all those who supported me. Thank you to all those who donated, family and friends. You guys are great, I am blessed to have all of you in my life. Especially Kasen. :)

2 comments:

Raadgep Fam said...

That was so great of you to walk for such a great cause. Proud you you guys

The Mathews Family said...

It was awesome! We'll do it again next year for sure :) I'm so embarrassed that I had my earbuds in during those pictures.. what a nerd.