Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Picking Strawberries

A few friends and our kiddos went to a Strawberry Field to pick our own berries. It was really fun and something I have never done before. I was pretty sore from bending over in the same position for 35 minutes, but I iced when I got home. I am not sure how people can do that ALL DAY LONG! You do whatcha gotta do I guess.
This is the place we went to in Carlsbad. U-pick Strawberries!
Kasen, Brielle and Ethan following each other through the paths to find the best of the best!
Picking strawberries was hard for the kids. They didn't understand to PLUCK at the stem. Not to grab the strawberry itself and squeeze and YANK. So, the kids hands and fingers were totally red and juicy when they were done.
Licking off the juice after squeezing, not plucking.

Bunch.

He thought his bucket was full but cheap mommy wouldnt let him be done until the strawberries were overflowing from the top

Showing off the end results (and playing in the dirt a little bit too)


5 comments:

Pure Images said...

Cute pics! It was a lot of fun. I am glad we went!

Kendyl said...

That looks fun, although laboring. how much did it cost for the bucket?

Mrs.EBG said...

I'm jealous. The closest I come to "U Pick Strawberries" is going through all of the flats at Costco and making my own with the pick of the litter! Hehe! :)
Glad you guys had fun!

Brittany said...

The small bucket was 6 and the parge bucket was 11. You'd be surprised though at how many strawberries fit in those buckets.

Edeninc said...

This makes me sooo homesick! I always wanted to pick strawberries there, but thought there would be another day. Leasson learned. Do it today, because tomorrow you may move away!