Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Sabbath!

Going to Nursery at church has always been hard for Kasen. He is 2.5 now and just started going on his own about 2 months ago. Its really cute because when I take him now, he goes and finds Brielle, holds her hand, holds my hand and the 3 of us walk to Nursery together holding hands. So cute. I open the door and they both just walk on in and start playing with toys and socializing with their friends. As much as their speech permits anyway. Well this past Sunday, the Nursery bully was there and boy did he do a lot of harm to many kids in there. Kasen was the first victim.

I was sitting in Sunday School when the a lady who was hepling out in Nursery came in and was looking all around the room. Just a reminder...I have been in this ward for 2.5 years now. So the helper, came in, I was sitting maybe 2 feet from the door, she started searching the room with her eyes, and then bends over and whispers in my ear. "Do you know who Brittany Bruce is?" I looked at her like uh? are you kidding me? "That's me..." and she looked at me and said "lucky guess" how lame! Anyway...so Kasen had a poopy diaper and I went to go change it and took Kasen back to Nursery.

THEN....no more than 10 minutes later the actual Nursery Leader came in and brought Kasen with her, I could hear him as soon as she opened the door crying "mommy, mommy" and she walked in with his sleeve rolled up and a wet paper towel covering his arm, up by his elbow. My eyes got huge and she bent down and told me that Kasen had been BIT and that he was upset and his arm hurt and that if I wanted to bring Kasen back when he calmed down that it wasn't a problem at all. Ok, first off...my kid got bit??? Second...bring him back? Bring him back to the kid who bit him? To what? Bite his other arm...riiiight. So Kasen did NOT want to go back to Nursery so he stayed with me the remainder of church. Towards the end of Relief Society I heard another kid SCREAMING out in the hall, and I saw the other Nursery leader walk by with a crying kid in her arms. I found out later, he too had been bit by the same kid that bit Kasen. Only he got bit on the bridge of the nose!!! Tell me how this is fair? After church was over, I found our friends and we were talking about what happened, and he said that his son had been scratched on his face and neck by the same kid that has now bitten 2 other kids. This is what I want to know, and still wonder about, and when I think about it, it still makes me mad!! Ok, so....tell me why 3 kids....THREE kids had to leave Nursery and got sit with their parents because they were hurt by the same kid, when the culprit stayed in Nursery to do more harm to others? If they would have just taken him out after he bit Kasen, then it would have spared 2 kids. I just don't get it. This kid is KNOWN for biting. So frustrating! This is Kasens bruise, a FULL set of teeth THROUGH a long sleeved shirt. Probably would have broken skin if he was wearing a short sleeved shirt. This is almost a week later....


SO the picture didn't turn out too well. You can see the bruising better in person. You might be able to see it a little below his freckle.

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

I am still surprised that Brielle didn't get bit. I think its that the minute someone she doesnt know touches her she screams at the top of her lungs. I dont know, a way to scare off the attacker maybe? lol. I hope this doesnt discourage Kasen from liking nursery. =(