Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Pee pee on the Pot-tay!

Last night I decided I was tired of changing diapers. Kasen needed to be potty trained and that was that. He is always telling me when he has to go, or after he goes or brings me his diaper and wipes and tells me "diaper change mommy" so I know he is ready, he is just deathly afraid of the potty. So I sat him on the potty with much force and crying and pulled out the smarties and books and talked him through it. Eventually he calmed down but wouldn't go at all. I even got him juice and water to drink while he was sitting there hoping to speed the process. Eventually he didn't even want to get up. We sat there for 40 minutes with NO success. He was falling asleep. So we waited til this morning. After he drank his sippy cup of milk we went at it again. Sat him down and talked him through it, didn't take nearly as many smarties to get him to sit. PROGRESS! We sat there and read 3 books and about 10 minutes later he looked down at himself and started to giggle. He started peeing shortly after that. HE PEED ON THE POTTY! I couldn't believe it. We went STRAIGHT downstairs and got him a candy cane which is his candy of choice for going pee pee on the potty. I cannot tell you how proud I am of him! It was only one time, but it was a complete 180 from 2 days ago...soo....we are officially potty training. Here are a couple pics of him sitting on the potty, and eating his candy cane after he went. Oh and by the way, after he went he started clapping and saying "yaay Kasen!" LOL so cute!



4 comments:

sarah said...

Good luck!! I hope that is goes better for you than it did for me. It makes life so much easier when they are potty trained. But they always have to go potty at the worst time. OWell it is better than changing diapers!

Cassidy said...

Congrats to Kasen! And to you as well. I live with my nephew and he too is afraid of the potty. Good luck!

Pure Images said...

I am so proud of my awesome nephew!! That is so cool. He seemed so happy after he went in the picture. =) Yay for pee pees in the potties.

Alison B said...

You need the book potty training in a day...I highly recommend it. good luck...so very fun!!!
love ya!