Saturday, April 28, 2007

Went on a HOT date....

Yesterday Kasen and I went to go see his first movie! I was really nervous during the day not knowing whether he was going to sit there and watch it, or be loud and crazy.

He is able to sit at home and watch a movie, but he can also talk when he wants to. Go get his juice, go potty, that sort of thing. So I wasn't sure how he would do without being able to do all those things.

I tried to tell him we were going to the movies. We were going to see a movie. He knows movies and loves them, but doesn't understand the concept of going to SEE a movie. When we pulled into the parking lot, he knew right away where we were and kept saying "go see movie" so I was happy that we made it that far. We got out of the car and started walking towards the theatre. Kasen told me he wanted to "go upstairs to see a movie" there are stairs in front of the ticket counters. We bought my ticket since Kasen isn't 3 yet, and I gave it to him. He handed it to the guy and got the stub. We went and got popcorn which he was super excited about and then we walked to the theatre. Still carrying that ticket in his hand. We walked in and he looked at the screen and said "WHOA! Big TV!" My parents have a 61" tv and he doesn't really realize that the one he has at home is huge as it is! We went and sat in the front row of the theatre section. Not the front front row. SO we could put our feet on the poles. Kasen STILL holding his ticket. We got a small popcorn to share so I got him a box to pour some for him to eat out of. Still holding his ticket. Like it was his ticket to Heaven or something. It was funny. He sat there and ate with popcorn in one hand and his ticket in the other. He got excited when the lights went off and the movie came on. They had a Shrek preview and Kasen was sooo excited about it! He thought that was the movie we were there to see. He was sad when it ended. "Shrek go?" "Shrek go" then they started an old fashioned Mickey Mouse show. He was excited about that too!!! He loves Mickey Mouse and wants to watch the clubhouse all day long. So, the movie finally came on and he just sat there. He ate his popcorn and watched. He did climb back and forth from his chair to my lap a couple times and with a half hour left he fell asleep in my arms....when the movie was over I knew he would have to go potty. So without telling him we got up and went STRAIGHT into the restroom. I tried to sit him ON the potty, but he wasn't havin that, he felt too unstable. So I stood him up and he wasn't tall enough. I knew he had to go so I wasn't going to give up. I picked him up and held him maybe like a foot off the ground and told him that I was holding him, he wouldn't fall and to go potty. He leaned forward in my arms and rested his hands on the toilet, gross I know...but I wanted him to be comfortable to go potty. So he started leaning even more forward then he already was and I looked and he fell asleep! lol...I woke him up, told him to go and he did. He watched as his pee pee made bubbles and I made a big deal out of the bubbles and he took a "daddy pee" the longest one I have seen him take since being on the potty. EVER! It was really funny!

Anyway, our first movie experience was great, and it will for sure happen again in a few weeks when Shrek comes out!

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

Yay for movie dates with the kiddos. I have not had the opportunity to take Brielle yet. Well, let me rephrase, I havent wanted to take Brielle yet alone. She is crazy and I dont think my ADD kid could sit through an entire movie, unless it was Fast and the Furious or Cars. If that was the case, I could walk out go run some errands and come back without her knowing. =) I am so proud of Kasen and pottying on the potty! yay!