Monday, April 9, 2007

"Where'd my toes go?"



On Friday night my friend and her family came into town. We went to the beach with them since they don't get to see it too often in AZ where they live. I know I am a bad mom, this is the first time Kasen has ever really been to the beach. I am not that fond of going and neither is Jeremy so we just don't go. Kasen was freezing the whole time we were there. He wouldn't even move. If I took his hand and guided him he would go with me, but as soon as I let go of his hand, he stopped and just froze in place. He didn't know what to think of the sand. He finally took his "hip hops" off and walked around barefoot. At one point he got his toes buried under the sand and started to panic! "Where'd my toes go, where toes go mommy?" I tried to calm him down and let him know they were just under the sand and it was no big deal. Just to brush off the sand and he would see his toes. He did just that and said "THERE!!! There's my toes mommy!" It was really quite cute. Here are a few pictures of us at the beach. Autumns husband took Kasen out in the water up to his ankles. He wasn't so sure what to think about that either, but he would NOT leave until he put his feet in the water. So Bryant took him.




3 comments:

sarah said...

That is pretty sad that Kasen has never seen the beach until now. But I am glad that he finally got to go. We will go this summer and let the boys run and play!

Pure Images said...

Im surprised that he hasnt been either, but you arent a bad mom. Brielle hasnt seen snow... =)

Raadgep Fam said...

I think that its good to wait to wait till they will remember things like the beach! I think you look great!!!!!!!!! Now when you tell him about birds and sand and water he will know what you are talking about. i love it!!!!