Saturday, April 28, 2007

Potty Update

So this has been the hardest week EVER. Tons of emotions, from one extreme to the other. No, I am not pregnant. I am trying to potty train my 2.5 year old son. Monday started out with tantrums everytime I tried to put him on the toilet. Tuesday was the same way, still making accidents in his diaper. Wed was the worst of all!! Holding it while he was sitting on the potty til I gave up and then put his diaper back on then would pee in that. OR...he would go pee pee on the potty and then I Would give him his treat, and 10 minutes later he would wet himself. I understand there is a process that goes along with potty training and this is totally normal. BUT, that doesn't mean I have to like it!!!!! So Wed, I decided to go out and buy some of the COOL ALERT Pull Ups. Thinking that when he wet himself it would get cold and help him realize what was going on. Oh no, still wet himself and didn't even bother to tell me. That was the most frustrating part. What an annoying, frustrating process. lol...sorry this is more of a vent blog. So let's just skip to yesterday.

I am proud to announce that Kasen went poo poo in the potty for the first time yesterday. I think when I heard him grunting I might have scared him by saying..." Are you going poo poo?" He immediately jumped up from what he was "doing" and moved away. You can imagine the mess. I couldn't get mad at him though because he was actually trying to do what I was telling him to do ALL WEEK LONG! I was really proud, hopefully he will do a repeat today.

Also, I am proud to announce that Kasen didn't have a single accident yesterday in his pull ups. IN fact, he is starting to milk the system. He does this all by himself and then repeats the process. Well he did last night anyway. He would walk over to his potty chair, pull down his pull up, sit down and dribble. Cut off the stream, pull up his pull up then come get candy. Then that repeated about 5 times in a row, all the trouble for a single peanut butter M&M. LoL...isn't my kid cute? It was kind of annoying though. But I had to look at it positively. He knows when he needs to go potty, and is going all by himself!!! Which is a HUGE step in my eyes.

So I just wanted to vent and brag about my wonderful son who now goes pee pee and poo poo on the potty!

Oh wait! Another cute thing! When he dribbles, he calls it a "baby pee pee" and when its a long one, he calls it a "daddy pee pee" ....I have no idea where that came from. But I thought it was funny. Sometimes he will try to compromise and say in question looking at me..."a mommy one?" so I agree.

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

I read the wrong way on your blog and read the daddy pee pee story before this one, so when you said that I thought he was saying that he had loud pee like daddy or something gross like that... I guess I should read in date order huh? lol