Thursday, November 15, 2007

3 year check up!

Kasen had his 3 year check up on Monday with his new doctor. I still can't believe he is 3, by the way.

The nurse asked a bunch of questions to make sure he was doing the things he was supposed to be as a 3 year old. He checked out on all of them. Although she did ask if he crawled and walked on time. Both of which are a NO. Oh well, he walks now. Isn't that whats important!? lol...

The Dr. came in started talking to Kasen immediately. It was really nice. He was great with Kasen. I am so glad we don't have Kaiser anymore. The Dr said that at age 3 only 50% of their speech is understandable and 60% by age 4. I was really surprised by that. Kasen is not 100% understandable by any means, but I do think he is more than 50%. I think MOST 3 year olds are more than 50%. Does anyone DISAGREE?

The Dr also told me to start putting sunscreen on him yer round. He is too fair of skin to go without. Looks like I will be keeping banana boat in business from now on.

His stats were 41 inches and 38lbs. I wasn't surprised by the 41 inches since I knew he was tall enough to go on Space Mtn which is 40in. but I was really surprised by the 38 lbs. I got home and weighed him and he was only 36lbs. So I am going to go with 37lbs. Only 3 more lbs and then he can go in a booster carseat. The law in Cali is 40in and 40lbs. Anyway, he was in the 95% for height and weight. That's my boy. Tall like his mommy!

1 comment:

Mrs.EBG said...

I loved Vanni's 3 year old check up. Very informational. It'll be so fun for Kase to be in a booster car seat... clearly Az doesn't care about their kids enough cause the law here is either 30 or 35 lbs. Vanni LOVES his and they are soo much easier to switch between cars!