Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A tribute to Kasen

Kasen is such a miracle to me. I still look back on everything Jeremy and I went through to get him here and can't believe he IS here. He is such a blessing. Everyday. The Lord blessed us. I am reminded of that all the time. He makes me laugh, cry from joy, cry from heartache, he makes me so grateful.


Some of the things I love most about him:


1. For those of you who know me, know that I like to scrapbook, therefore I go to the scrapbook store...no matter how often I emphasize the S in scrapbook, Kasen still calls it the "crap it store" Jeremy is quite proud.


2. I give Kasen warning before we are going to leave the park, or before he goes to bed, or before we do something. I hold up my hand or tell him 5 minutes. I then tell him 1 minute to give him fair warning that we really are leaving. Well lately, Kasen has started to bargain with me. He has a LOT of practicing and mastering to do. I give him his 5 minute warning and he things he's being so smart with coming back and saying "no mommy! 1 minute!" We say ok, and all is well. Can't argue with that!


3. Kasen learned a long time ago the colors of the stop light. Red means stop and green means go. I never really taught him yellow. We just talked about red and green. Til one day, I ran a yellow light and Kasen said "yellow light mommy! GO GO GO!!" I started laughing and asked him where he learned that from!? "daddy" of course! How did I not know that? Red=stop, green=go, yellow=go go go!


4. Kasen called Mcdonalds "Old Mcdonalds" because he knows the song Old McDonald, it must be the same right?


5. Until about 3 weeks ago, Kasen called Carl's Jr. "twinkle little star" now he was moved up and calls it "Carls June-ger"


6. A lot of times Kasen sits with me while I put my make up on on the floor in front of the closet door mirror. The other day I was curling my eyelashes. He asked me"mommy, what's that" my response..."its an eyelash curler, it makes mommys eyelashes that are straight, curl" his response? He starts whining saying "owie! It hurts mommy! OW!" "it hurt's YOU when I am the one curling MY eyelashes?" "yeah it hurts mommy! stop!" I still don't get it...lol


7. A week or so ago, Kasen was with my parents while Jeremy and I were out. They were all up in my parents room. Kasen was playing around pressing buttons on the phone. My mom finally heard all the beeps and walked over and asked Kasen what he was doing. "Im texing somebody"

My 3 year old texts? I need to stop texting so much!


8. Kasen likes to announce when he farts. I don't know where he got it from. He just does it. I try to tell him that he DOESN'T need to tell us. Just do it silently and go about your business. Well some how this escalated. He now tells us "mommy! I farted! It came from my bum! I farted in my bum" hmm...


This sweet boy of mine is everything to me. He is my miracle. I love him to death. I don't ever want to imagine my life without him in it. Becasause of him, I am a mother!


I love you Kasen Jered Bruce! You are precious!


8 comments:

Nyree said...

Britt.. you are so awesome! I am so happy for you that you have your little guy! You definitely deserve a boy as great as him. I hope he has a great day today. Birthdays are hard sometimes. Realizing that they will grow up, faster than we want. But isn't it fun to watch their lives unfold right before your eyes! You are an awesome mom. I miss you!

The Mathews Family said...

Awww.. that is so sweet. What a lucky little boy :)

Dillon always announces when he has to poop. If he's upstairs and I'm downstairs he'll either come and tell me or yell down the stairs, "Mom - I gotta go poo-poos!" I've told him a million times that he doesn't need to announce it, but he seems to disagree! :D

Nichole Bruce said...

He is too cute!! Braxton says he has bubbles when he farts. (that's what happens in the bathtub!!) Brandon thought it was SO funny about the crap it store. He said "go jeremy!!"
You're absolutely right... he is a joy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASEN!!!!

Kendyl said...

What a cute tribute to Kasen! He's such a cute boy!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

You certainly love your little boy. It was fun to see Kasen from your viewpoint and realize that every mom has those darling moments with their child. I hope we can get to know him better!

Lyndsay said...

What a good mom you are! I love to make every birthday a HUGE deal, so I love that you're already doing that with Kasen!

Mrs.EBG said...

For sure you are blessed to have Kasen and he is blessed to have you as his mommy. I hope he had a great birthday, as I'm sure he did!

The Dobrons said...

So priceless!!!