Saturday, November 24, 2007

Traditional Campbell Family Thanksgiving

Every year it's the same routine at my mom and dads house. We all come over, the kids play together. They are actually playing nicely here, fun!



The boys all get together and yell and scream because the Detroit Lions are losing AGAIN. I can't remember the last time that team won on Thanksgiving, yet we watch the pathetic game EVERY year.




My mom in the kitchen cooking. This year I actually helped her! I am growing up! Aww! I made my mother in laws Frosted Cranberry Salad. It went over pretty well. It also made Jeremy feel like he was at home. Tender.




My dad pausing the Detroit game to carve the turkey. He really didn't need to pause it, he wouldn't have missed anything exciting. They lost!

P.S. we didn't eat that pink part of the turkey. Don't worry!


The AFTER turkey exhaustion. Dang that Tryptophan! Gave the kids a bumpy train track to play with!




The desserts! My mom apparently had intentions of inviting a whole army over for dessert. 7 pies for 6 adults! I felt sick by the time I went to bed!




I am so grateful for my family, and all the traditions that we have. I had a wonderful thanksgiving, but am ready to stop eating turkey sandwiches as leftovers!!! Til next year!

5 comments:

Shannon Crandall said...

What a great documentation of the day! Isn't is so great to have such fun traditions! maybe next year detroit will win and mess up everything!

Mrs.EBG said...

What a fun thanksgiving! Cute pics! I'm totally with you on leftovers. Thankfully ours are gone. I'm done with pultry for a while. lol.

Kendyl said...

I love your mom, more than 1 pie each! I was born into the WRONG family!!!

Raadgep Fam said...

okay so jeremy has the right idea~
why cant we all pass out like that?

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is super! I am flattered that I am on the internet with you! I love you bunches! Dad